Account Opening Document Requirements
In accordance with the Australian Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act 2006 we are required to verify your identity prior to opening a trading account.
Photo ID (primary) = 70 points per document
The following are acceptable forms of photo identification:
A valid Passport
A valid Government ID, such as a Driver’s License or State ID
A valid National Identity Card
Photo ID must show full name and date of birth. If your Photo ID is Certified or Notarized add 30 points (100 points in total).
Proof of Residence (secondary) = 30 points per document
The following are acceptable forms of proof of residence:
A Utility Bill (phone, gas, electricity)
Bank or Credit Card Statement
Government Issued Tax Document
Certificate of Citizenship
All proof of residences must be current and not outdated by more than 90 days, show the full document, clearly display the name and address (no PO Boxes) and show a provision of services such as money owed or paid.
Total = 100 points
Funds Withdrawal Procedures
The withdrawal process at IC Markets detailed below is structured around strict guidelines to make sure that funds are securely sent back to their originating source and beneficiary.
- IC Markets customers must complete a withdrawal request containing their correct account information.
- All withdrawal forms are submitted to IC Markets accounts department for processing. Our Accounts department confirms the account balance, verifies that there are no holds or withdrawal restrictions on the account, and then approves the withdrawal request, pending compliance approval.
- IC Markets Accounts department reviews all withdrawal requests, verifying the original funds are withdrawn via the same method of deposit and to the account holder on file. Our accounts department examines the withdrawal request against the customer’s deposit history to make sure there is no suspicious activity, and verifies the bank account on file.
- Withdrawal requests approved are processed by the accounts department and the funds are released to the client.
- In the event that a withdrawal is flagged for suspicious activity, the withdrawal is placed on hold, pending further investigation by IC Markets management staff.
- IC Markets management will work with our Compliance department to see if further action needed and if any relevant regulatory bodies need to be contacted.
AML Policy Details
- IC Markets monitors funding from various bank accounts outside of the account holder’s home country.
- IC Markets performs its actions on the basis of the anti-money laundering framework set forth by the Financial Action Task Force.
- IC Markets neither accepts cash deposits nor disburses cash under any circumstances.
- IC Markets does not accept third-party deposits of any kind.
- IC Markets matches each deposit to the account name on file for that customer.
- IC Markets reserves the right to refuse processing a transaction at any stage where it believes the transaction to be connected in any way to money laundering or criminal activity. In accordance with international law, IC Markets is not obligated to inform the client if suspicious activity is reported to any corresponding regulatory or legal bodies.
Account Opening Procedures
Prior to opening an account, IC Markets shall document the identity, nature of business, income, source of assets if applicable, and investment objectives of each prospective customer.
While we welcome clients from all over the globe, governmental restrictions along with our company policies prohibit IC Markets from opening accounts originated from the following restricted and/or OFAC sanctioned countries:
|Afghanistan||Bolivia||Antigua and Barbuda|
|Botswana||Guinea Conakry||Sierra Leone|
|Cote d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast)||Liberia||Zimbabwe|
|Democratic Republic of Congo||Mali||Senegal|
|Angola||Niger||Former Liberian Regime of Charles Taylor|